A SARS-COV-2 lateral flow antigen rapid test is used to quickly process samples on site without the need for laboratory equipment, generating results in minutes.
This kind of rapid diagnostic test is suitable for point-of-care testing that directly detects the presence or absence of an antigen. It’s used for the detection of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
The benefits of rapid antigen testing…
For an Individual
- For a person to find out if they are COVID-19 safe.
- To reassure individuals who think that they have been exposed or exhibit symptoms.
- Allows family, friends and others to be more confident about contact with shielded individuals.
- Feeling appreciated by their employer and that their physical and mental well-being is being considered.
For an Organisation
- Employees Benefit: safety of your staff in a COVID-19 environment.
- Business Continuity: ensures ongoing productivity without closure of work and COVID-19 safe areas.
- Provides confidence to the consumer or patient that the worker is COVID-19 free at the time with evidence.
- COVID-19 safe community at work.
For a Country
- Creating COVID-19 safe communities.
- Helping to prevent further local and national lockdowns to keep industry, and commerce functioning.
- Widespread testing also provides the foundation for an individual and others to stay COVID-19 safe in the work place, environment and community.
What to do if you test positive after a SARS-COV-2 lateral flow antigen rapid test?
If you test positive you should self-isolate, book a COVID-19 PCR test with your healthcare professional, and stay at home until you get your result.
* Antigen testing should be carried out by a suitably trained professional.